Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Inspiration Review

A few days before Christmas, we went to a not-busy-at-all mall in Roanoke. There was an AWESOME game/collectibles/nerd store there called X-Tremes, hippy/Dead Head store with lots of cool tote bags, and this little guy at Hallmark. Okay, so he's not so little and he's about $100, but I dig him. It's a solar light too. I really like Jim Shore's work, but I've never allowed myself to buy any. This one I might have to get.



Grandma worked hard on making Enid a photo quilt for her birthday, but there were complications. So it ended up as a Christmas gift. It's lovely, and Enid really likes it. There are photos in each section of her with family, including one of me holding her in the NICU.



Seeing this and taking a trip to a quilting store with Nikko earlier this month made me want to get back into sewing more and more. I hope the Family Sewing class isn't cancelled in the spring. I have no problems sewing by hand, but everything I've ever accomplished on a machine was trial and error and my own idea how of to do it. I'll still sew by hand of course, but big jobs are always quicker and easier with a machine.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I want to sew more this year too--I love it! Hand sewing, not so much, unless it's a quilt binding. That quilt is great! I have a Jim Shore snowman, and I love that stuff!