Sunday, December 7, 2008

Boredom & Oddball Ideas

1. Last night Samantha and Enid slept in my bed, so I was up crafting and jamming to Radiohead for a little while. I had seen these little star dolls on a craft site recently and I made my own little version with felt, pom-poms, and embroidery floss. It was good practice for blanket stitching. This morning Enid asked if she could hang it on the tree. Here it is.



2. A couple of years ago, I saw someone make a bracelet out of one of those calendars that Chinese take-out places give you sometimes. Low and behold, we got one today from the place in Nashville that has yummy Bean Curd Homestyle. So, I played around a little trying to see what would work. I stamped a design in copper ink and stitched on a button and some Indian ribbon etc. It's not quite as functional as it should be, but you get the idea.



No comments: