Sunday, February 3, 2008

Birthday Schmirthday

Well, my Golden Birthday came and went, and now I'm one year older. 31 still seems the same as all the others. I'm still the same me. Apparently, strangers seem to think I'm a lot younger than I am, but if I start acting like I'm a serious adult now, Hades might freeze over. Where is it written that you can't have fun with your kids in public anyway? Screw conformity... I have Stickittodamanniosis, and it's terminal.

I got several cute cards this year, some moolah, a Target gift card, and Enid picked out a cute fairy mini-tote and put some scrapping goodies in it, all from the Target $1 Spot. I wanted to post photos of the other artsy crafty stuff I got, so here goes.

Gerald's parents sent me
Parting the Veil: the Art of Nene Thomas. No reviews yet. I'll let you know all the details after I finish my current book... which might be before I turn 32.


My friend Aimee sent me this cute little robot she made. It's currently hanging from my rearview mirror. I thought it was time to take Tinkerbell down. I've had her so long; I don't even remember when I got her.


My friend Nikko made me this awesome scarf. I so love that little owl. I want a whole parliament of them. She also sent the napkin holder to the left (along with some Japanesey foods), which her husband spotted at a thrift store. SOMEONE in my family had that exact same holder when I was little, but I don't remember who it was. How funny is that?!?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like 31 has gotten off to a good start for you.
Oh that robot, too creative!
Love the owl scarf, so cute.