Thursday, June 3, 2010

Catching Up Is Hard To Do... Sometimes

Okay so I should be doing homework right now, but here I am posting photos. Come on, give me a break. That darn summer class has more reading than a full course load in a regular semester!

Back in April (yes April), Enid and I played around with her Sculpey. I showed her how beads can be made by starting with a big cane, but I also had to explain that I am not skilled with polymer clay. So of course our beads weren't as sleek as Carol Duvall's would be. We did, however, have fun and make some interesting items. As you can see in the upper-middle-left area (??), Enid even made a volcano!



As some of you know, I collect what I call "unusual" Barbies. You know like Star Trek, X-Files, Addams Family, the Munsters, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz.... stuff like that. Well now they've gone and made a trio they call "Ladies of the 80s" I think, but I didn't let myself (or Gerald) buy them! Aren't you proud? No? Well let me tell you that they are Joan Jett, Cyndi Lauper, and Debbie Harry. Now check out the photo and be proud of me.



We did however get the new Johnny Depp Mad Hatter one, and now you must futterwaken vigorously.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OK, I don't even collect Barbies, but LOVE those '80's ones!!! OMG, I have to have them, lol! The Mad Hatter is way cool too. I've not seen that movie yet, can you believe that?

WendyZ said...

Tammy, I just saw Alice this week, so don't feel bad. ;)