Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LEGOpalooza 2010

I am finally getting around to posting LEGOpalooza photos and it's almost time for BrickMagic already! We have our tickets for Mother's Day, and I get in free!

These LEGOpalooza photos aren't the greatest, because the lighting was pretty horrific. Below you will see some of the more interesting things people made. It would take forever to share them all! I decided not to make a slideshow, because it would just make it more difficult to see everything. Let me just reiterate that these are original creations and not made from LEGO sets. Doesn't that make it even more amazing?!?

First of all, I HAD to post this photo of a telephone pole. It was so covered with staples from flyers being hung that it looked like it had some type of weird bark growth. Oh... it's at UNC in Chapel Hill.



We were greeted at the entrance with a huge tower in the stairwell. It was almost 2 stories tall. Incredible!





This thing was pretty big too. Could you imagine some creature like that coming at you?



Even people in LEGOland recycle!



This one gives you an idea of how big some of these scenes were. People from the train group went nuts.



It might be hard to see, but Patrick from Sponge Bob is sneaking up behind the Stormtroopers.



Would you believe it if I told you that a kid made these Transformers? He sat right there at the table and even made them transform! Now that's talent.



The Enterprise bridge with Spock even having pointy ears. 'Nuff Said.



This was a pretty cool Star Wars scene. Notice the At-At nose first. Those are all LEGOs that it's in!



This is the TriWizard maze from Harry Potter. Cedric Diggory and Harry are reaching for the cup and you can even see Fleur Delacour tangled in vines.



Other than all the Harry Potter scenes, I think this was one of our favorites. Just click it to watch the video and you'll see how she designed the castle. Each level is its own scene, and then they combine to make a large castle. Beside it on another table she had an awesome scene with a dragon breathing fire, but the photo I took sucked.


Photobucket

No comments: