Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Way last season...

... I painted this wooden skeleton. He's kind of silly, but Enid loved watching me as she painted by my side.



Enid and I have been planning on starting a nature table since we moved here. Back in October, we finally did it. Gerald took us to a thrift shop and we found an old coffee table for $8. It only needed a little cleaning and a couple of hammer taps and it was ready to go! As you can see, we covered it with a hand-dyed playsilk and hung another one on the wall. Enid said she wanted it to be the sun.



Enid helped me design a couple of doll-peg people for it. I think they turned out super cute. I took a little flat peg and stuck it into the hole of a little wooden vase or knob (I'm not sure which) to make a lantern for their lantern walk. Man, the girl's hair was a pain. They are both wearing real acorn caps.



I purchased some needle-felted pumpkins through someone I "met" on Flickr, and I had made this little gnome after Waldorf Education Day last year. He originally lived in the moss garden. Enid painted two more flat pegs and made them mushrooms. There's a small basket underneath to lift them up. The snail shell is from our yard and the shells are from the James River in VA. See the bluish playsilk river?



Enid picked an apple to save and we added a few various small gourds, including a pumpkin her preschool friend, Gavin, gave her during his birthday celebration. She collected acorns at preschool, at Busch Gardens, and some other places. She also found some pine straw at physical therapy and leaves in our yard. Oh, and there are "root babies" (bulbs) in there from her preschool's fall potluck.



We used the table for Enid's very own Christmas tree, so we're just now getting around to making a winter nature table.

No comments: