Friday, July 18, 2008

I love children's books.

I always have. Even before working with children or having Enid, I loved them.

Around the time I began work in the Art Education department at UNCP, I was thinking I'd maybe like to write or illustrate some of my own one day. That whim has since passed.

I quickly volunteered at the bookstore to be in charge of the kids section, and I always loved planning and implementing story time.

Barefoot Books has made some of my favorites. If you've never heard of them, check out their site! Enid loves them as well.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Neat site! I love artsy books too. And that music reminds me of PBS so much--man, I miss watching all the kid's shows on PBS with my boy!! Waaah!

WendyZ said...

Yeah, there have been some good shows on PBS. Enid currently loves SuperWhy!